Subject: Re: ipod problem

Re: ipod problem

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 14:16:05 -0400

On 8/8/08, Sharon <smace26_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an ipod 5th generation 60g, and it has rockbox version r16099-080118.

This is a very old version of Rockbox - is there a reason you are not
using the latest version? For official support you need to be using
the latest version.

> Here is what the problem is when I plug in the ipod, the new hardware wizard
> pops up and is lloking for a driver.

Use the Cancel button to skip the loading of a driver. This is just
Rockbox attempting to pull the full 500ma USB charging voltage.

> When it doesn't find a driver it tells
> me that the device driver wasn't found and the device may not work
> properly.Well it doesn't notice the ipod being plugged in then, and I can
> not transfer files or even update the rockbox software.

Rockbox does not yet have its own USB UMS mode for file transfers
while within Rockbox. You will need to follow the instructions of the
first reply (except I would not use Menu+Select to force a hard reset,
just shut down Rockbox normally with a long press of Play, and boot
with a press of Select) and use Apple's disk mode for file transfers.