Subject: Re: rockbox info all jumbled up

Re: rockbox info all jumbled up

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:15:35 -0500

> Are all these tests already implemented? If not, we should open task
> for all of them.

I take it you're volunteering to write all of them? They're kinda not as
useful as you might think.

In many cases the versions being different will not cause an affect.
Only when the language has changed will this be a problem. In fact you
can even use a language file that is different from the voice file
intentionally (people have done this for language learning or other
purposes) so none of these tests are actually effective unless your goal
is to pop up errors and warnings even when there won't be problems and
they can in fact stand significantly in the way of user choice.

Ideally this should just be documented where voice is documented and
users will read the manual and know they need to pay attention. Users
don't have to constantly upgrade their software, and users can generate
their own voice files if they need to. Rockbox provides daily voices as
well, and I would hope one might assume there was a reason we make them
daily.