Subject: Re: rockbox not reading tags properly

Re: rockbox not reading tags properly

From: Magnus Holmgren <>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:10:53 +0200

Tommy Beadle wrote:

> Somewhat recently, it has seemed that the reading of certain tags in
> random MP3 files has stopped working.

After having looked at one of the files, it looks like a bug (and a
really old one, at that) in the Rockbox ID3v2 reader. I suspect that
Windows Media Player has made changes to the file without your knowledge
(the file contains private ID3v2 frames starting with "WM/", and it is
one of these that cause the problem).

Should be easy enough to fix, but I'd like to investigate a bit more
before actually making the change, to make sure I've understood the
ID3v2 spec properly.

List admin: