Subject: Re: Help improve Rockbox - Call for translators

Re: Help improve Rockbox - Call for translators

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:28:34 +0200

Marcin Trybus wrote:
>> Current status of translations as of 2008-08-16:
>>
>> .----------------------.-----------------.---------------.---------------.
>> | Language | Missing strings | Changed desc | Changed source |
>> |----------------------|-----------------|--------------|----------------|
>> | | | | |
>> | Polski | 0 | 0 | 0 |
>
> Say what?!? Polish interface is Swiss cheese. In the database section
> alone *most* of the strings are missing. I'd gladly fix it myself, but
> my thesis due date draws awfully near.

The database gets its strings from tagnavi.config. As things stand now,
this is a user-modifiable file, and is shipped only with English strings.
I'd personally like to see this changed, but it's unlikely to happen in
the forseeable future. If you want, you could create a polish version of
tagnavi.config.

Secondly, the Polish translation really has all strings translated, in so
far as a Polish-speaking person has looked at, and translated every string
available. A small number of phrases (Karaoke, Crossfeed, Clip Counter...)
have been left the same as they are in English, but it really is far from
Swiss cheese.

If you want, you can have a look at this relatively short list here:
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/translate/problems.php?lang=polski

If you feel any of these can be usefully translated, patches are welcome.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk