Subject: Re: Archos Ondio

Re: Archos Ondio

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:43:19 +0200

> I recently purchased a very cheap Archos Ondio and want to get some extra
> memory for it. What is the maximum size Multimedia card it can take?

Definitely 2 GB is not the limit. We can use FAT32. The question rather is: what's the largest MMC you can buy?

They're not as popular as SD, therefore lag behind. SD(HC) has an architecture limit of 16GB (I think, or was it 32?). It may not apply to MMC, but I doubt you can buy such as MMC.

It's unfortunate that Archos made the slot so small, for only MMC, because technically we can also take SD. Some person managed to cram one in... If you're up for some craftsmanship, you may be able to widen the card holder. As a rare specialty, there are thin SD cards, as thin as an MMC.

> Would this one work?

It would, but I'd consider that small.
8GB cards are available, beyond that I don't know.

Ideal fr Modem und ISDN:
List admin: