Subject: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

Cannot Record on Sansa E260

From: Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) <"Julia>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:11:38 +0100

>> --
Which is it? April or August? You're supposed to be using the "Current"
build which means one from shortly before you sent the message, not one

In my last message I stated it was August which should have indicated to you that I would have checked since the earlier message.

exactly what problem you're experiencing. Is it actually freezing (have
you had a sighted person confirm this) or merely ceasing to voice, for

I did say that the Sansa had crashed and that I had to press the Power button to bring it to life again. I should have thought this was explanatory. Of course, I did have it confirmed that the display froze.

I have used much newer daily builds (July 2008 vs August
07) on my Sansa E250 and it works wonderfully for recording. (Same
player, smaller memory size, however the microsd slot is wonderful for
expansion!)

Thank you very much, Mike, for your reply. However, what is the Microsd slot? It was mention in the manual but did not state what it did?

I have now installed the August 2008 'current' build. However, whilst still on the original build, I pressed the 'reset' button which I had been very dubious to do before and the recording problem disappeared - that is to say, I was able to turn the scroll wheel/press other buttons without the Sansa crashing. However, speech is lacking whilst recording - that is to say, if I turn the scroll wheel, it does not tell me that I am on 'gain', although I am guessing that this is one of Rockbox's quirks in any case.

Unfortunately, along the line, I pressed the button in Settings "Clear Recording Directory" which meant that recorded files were then placed in the root directory. When I first got the Sansa it seemed that files recorded from FM radio and Mic were sent to the FM and Voice directories respectively but, maybe I am wrong regarding this as I can only seem to set one recording directory into which both types of files are sent?

--
Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)<j.cosgrove_at_freenet.co.uk>