Subject: Re: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

Re: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:56:31 -0500

Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) wrote:

> In my last message I stated it was August which should have indicated to you that I would have checked since the earlier message.

Honestly, you need to learn not to take offense when people double check
things, especially if you've already gotten it wrong once and they're
likely to want to be absolutely sure.

> I did say that the Sansa had crashed and that I had to press the Power button to bring it to life again. I should have thought this was explanatory.

It only explained that you needed to power-cycle to resume normal
behaviour. If voice had stopped, and you couldn't see the screen, power
cycling also would've been the only apparent method to resume normal
behaviour. Given this situation, I don't see how it's self-explanatory
that you had confirmed from a sighted person that the screen was
actually frozen. You really need to expect people to ask detailed
questions so they can better understand the problems you're having.

If you're going to get defensive just because someone wants explicit
details as to what is occurring, in the end nobody will be willing to
help you further.

> Thank you very much, Mike, for your reply. However, what is the Microsd slot? It was mention in the manual but did not state what it did?

MicroSD is a type of memory card. No offense intended here, but you
could've easily Googled this and we do ask our users to take at least
basic efforts to look things up before coming to our support channels
with questions.

> I have now installed the August 2008 'current' build. However, whilst still on the original build, I pressed the 'reset' button
What 'reset' button? The Sansa has no such button on the player.
> However, speech is lacking whilst recording
This is a current limitation, yes.
> I can only seem to set one recording directory into which both types of files are sent?

Yes, only one recording directory can be set.