Subject: Re: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

Re: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

From: Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) <>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:15:05 +0100

>> I did say that the Sansa had crashed and that I had to press the Power button to bring it to life again. I should have thought this was explanatory.
>It only explained that you needed to power-cycle to resume normal
>behaviour. If voice had stopped, and you couldn't see the screen, power
>cycling also would've been the only apparent method to resume normal
>behaviour. Given this situation, I don't see how it's self-explanatory
>that you had confirmed from a sighted person that the screen was
>actually frozen. You really need to expect people to ask detailed
>questions so they can better understand the problems you're having.

Perhaps, it is how things are read too. I did not say it was self- explanatory that I had the screen read. Rather, it was the fact that I had to press the power button to bring the Sansa back to life again.

>> Thank you very much, Mike, for your reply. However, what is the Microsd slot? It was mention in the manual but did not state what it did?
>MicroSD is a type of memory card. No offense intended here, but you
>could've easily Googled this and we do ask our users to take at least
>basic efforts to look things up before coming to our support channels
>with questions.

Yes, I should have remembered that I have seen this mentioned before elsewhere. However, as I had thought it was just to do with the Sansa and Rockbox, I questioned the list. However, in future, I shall just Google.

>> I can only seem to set one recording directory into which both types of files are sent?
>Yes, only one recording directory can be set.

Thank you for telling me. I was just a little surprised that I already had files in both 'fm' and 'voice' the latter I had put in. However, all appears to be going well now.

List admin: