Subject: Re: iRiver, Gigabeat and other old players with 160GB drive

Re: iRiver, Gigabeat and other old players with 160GB drive

From: Jose Celestino <>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 01:17:01 +0100

Words by victor rajewski [Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 10:05:20AM +1000]:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM, john <> wrote:
> > did you ever dream of upgrading your iRiver H140 to a capacity of
> > 160GB? It's possible. Gigabyte F, iPod 3G, ..., too...
> Yes, yes I did. So I've just ordered me an adapter...

I also did order an adapter, yesterday, from dealextreme.

> > Up to now I know of no one that has a 160GB drive in his iRiver. The
> > biggest capacity seems to be in Linus player with a 120GB drive. But
> > the Samsung HS160JB, a 160GB PATA drive, should be compatible. It only
> > needs someone to step forward and test this drive.
> Are there any issues with the ATA adapter with that size of drive? I
> remember there being some discussion about this issue previously -
> what are the limits the devices can handle? I'm using an iriver H340.

You mean physical size or capacity. If it's the physical size you're
talking about yes, there will be a bit crowded in there (on the H140),
at least with the dealextreme adapter.

As for the maximum adressable size of a partition I would like to know
also, altough I'm "only" buying a 120GB drive.

Jose Celestino |
"One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh." -- Robert A. Heinlein
List admin: