Subject: Re: Obsolete step in Rockbox GUI installer,trying to contact website which doesn't exist (Win32,maybe other OSes too)

Re: Obsolete step in Rockbox GUI installer,trying to contact website which doesn't exist (Win32,maybe other OSes too)

From: <mark_at_redbreva.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 00:20:27 +0200

Mark Bright wrote:
>> I still own the domain till June next year, but am not sure
>> how to update the entries for it...
>
> OK, have now sorted the Domain, it's been transferred to my other hosting
> package, and I have set it to re-direct to
http://rockbox-themes.cleansoap.org/

Can I buy the domain off of you as a "3.0 birthday" present for rockbox?
But seriously - if it is pointing at me I'd like some measure of control
if bandwidth gets out of hand.

I am more than happy to 'donate' the domain, do you know how we set about changing ownership? It shouldn't be too tricky if we are both on 1&1 - should it??

I had to get rid of the hosting package, the monthly fees were extortionate, and there is a 'credit crunch' going on...

Additionally, since my old iPod broke, and I now have a classic - and am therefore not running Rockbox anymore - I have lost a lot of the drive and interest in maintaining the site, worse still I have actually got used to iTunes, and actually quite like the functionallity it provides (as a piece of software engineering it's crap, slow, and bloated, but from a end user perspective it "just works" and both kids and the wife can work it out!