Subject: RE: Obsolete step in Rockbox GUI installer, trying to contact website which doesn't exist (Win32, maybe other OSes too)

RE: Obsolete step in Rockbox GUI installer, trying to contact website which doesn't exist (Win32, maybe other OSes too)

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 05:10:17 +0100

As I emailed to the list before, this is easily resolved with a
correctly-formatted htaccess redirect, which I am more than willing to host
until the domain is permanently mapped.

Alternatively, if the cleansoap mirror owner is willing/able to modify his
httpd.conf (or whatever he uses) to accept incoming requests from
rockbox-themes.org, this whole discussion is (happily :) moot - just point
the domain at the 74.208.24.130 and job done!

(and a small request, if the latter is decided to be done - could the server
also accept requests without www. prepended pleeeeeeeeease? :)