Subject: H340 : DC connector broken

H340 : DC connector broken

From: Boby <>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:58:58 +0200

Sorry for my pour english.
I let my H340 fall on the floor last week while it was charging. It
still work (no damage of the hard disk...) but it couldn't charge
anymore from the DC plug.
I brought it to a technician in the physic department of my highschool.
He opened it and noticed that the socket was broken inside. He told me
that there was 3 points that could be soldered but he didn't know which
one was going with wich part of the socket. He soldered two of them
thinking they were connected to the + and -. But he is not sure and
didn't dare to connect it to the DC adapter. I don't dare either !!!

So, I would like to know if there is a risk plugging my H340 to the DC
adapter if he mistook the + and - ? Could it destroy components of my
H340 ?
Or would someone have for instance a picture showing precisely where to
solder each part of the DC socket ?

Thanks a lot

List admin: