Subject: Fwd/prev track behaviour not as expected when moving through dirs... Bug? (think so, but want to doublecheck before filing bug report)

Fwd/prev track behaviour not as expected when moving through dirs... Bug? (think so, but want to doublecheck before filing bug report)

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:45:55 +0100

I'm loathe to report this as a bug as I'd like to enquire as to whether this
is now a 'feature' or not.

On my older H140 (with a Rockbox build from approx. 12-18 months ago if
memory serves, not got it to hand at the moment) moving forward or back
through tracks with a single fwd/prev button click would move through the
files on the disc, and when the last track in a dir was reached, the player
would move to the next directory and play the first file from that dir.

However, on my new H340, running latest Rockbox (<1 week old) the behaviour
has changed: we now have play+fwd/prev or short then long tap to skip
directories, which I discovered by playing about with key combinations.
However, fwd/prev behaviour has changed; if you get to the last file in a
directory, it cycles back round to the first file in the same directory -
*even* if auto-change directory is enabled in the options (and the device is
rebooted). In fact, I just updated to latest build, and this behaviour is
still occurring.

Am I right in thinking this is a big? I'm suspecting as much, but I can't
believe nobody hasn't noticed this yet if it is... (because there has to be
more than just me using the latest builds... Right?)

(If it's not a bug, how can I reenable this 'legacy' behaviour where it just
works its way through directories on its own? I can't figure out for the
life of me how to make the H340 perform this fairly simple thing when
playing MP3s.)

I have browsed through the bug tracker and can't see anythin really relevant
to this question even going back as far as August last year, so any input is
appreciated. If it is a bug, I'll duly report it, but I wanted to check
first before filing the entry on the tracker.