Subject: Re: question for jaws users about the rockbox site

Re: question for jaws users about the rockbox site

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:03:56 +0100

> Personally, I don't see this as off-topic. It's a valid question about the
> Rockbox website and its accessibility, and as such is valid for discussion
> here.

Thanks for agreeing with me, My thinking in asking was that the initial
question is valid because it relates to the rockbox site even though I
believe the problem is probably jaws related, however I think replies
relating to jaws would have been going off topic, that's why I asked for
replies to be posted to me privately.

I have already had to justify myself to Paul Louden who was concerned I
might be breaking list rules, so he wrote to me asking for an explanation of
my post, although he disagrees with both you and me. I believe we have the
issue sorted, though I still maintain my question is on topic in that it
relates to the rockbox site. I think we have sorted the issue out off list
though, and I like the fact he gave me a chance to put my case although I do
feel that suggesting he might have to put me on moderation was a little
harsh for someone who has never caused any list trouble, and he admitted
that that was a little harsh although he has had experiences of being
ignored in the past so I can understand why he was a little strong in his
request for an explanation.

List admin: