Subject: Re: Help generating mp3 talk clips for file names please

Re: Help generating mp3 talk clips for file names please

From: Kane Brolin <>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:04:15 -0400

On 10/4/08, Graham said,
> I've enabled the speak clips for both directorys and files in the
> voice menu under the general settings of Rockbox on my player.
> When previously running the Voicebox utility on my Iaudio x5, I've gone in
> to the voicebox folder, opened the voicebox.wsf file typed in the drive
> letter e.g, drive j: clicked okay and the new folders/files have had
> voicetags generated.
> When doing the same on my Ipod, only the folders are being voiced. I've
> checked in the voicebox.hta file that both the check boxes for create mp3
> clips for directory and file clips are checked, but still I'm only getting
> the folder names voiced.

To elaborate on DJ Paddy's remarks, it is indeed necessary to make
sure you're running an up-to-date version of the talk clip generation
program, which is now known as The same thing happened
to me when I attempted to run Voicebox on my iPod fifth generation 30
GB unit late last year.

The necessity to run Voicebox+ began, I believe, with any version of
Rockbox dated after about October of 2007. You can find this program
and instructions in executing it at

List admin: