Subject: Re: Subscribed - Hello (and "testing 1, 2 3.." :)

Re: Subscribed - Hello (and "testing 1, 2 3.." :)

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 03:00:40 -0500

Purple Dynasty wrote:
> I'm going to sleep after this last question, I'll catch up with your
> reply tomorrow. I found the bitmap image scaling patch (I believe).
> I saved the 45.5KB file as "Resize on Load.patch". Would I just drop
> it unchanged into the .rockbox folder to give it a try?
Unfortunately, it's not even close to that simple. It's a source code
patch, meaning you'd have to apply it to a copy of the source code and
compile your own build with it. It's not as hard as it sounds, but it's
a task that takes a bit of learning the first time. Once you know how,
trying out a new patch is often a matter of typing in a couple simple
commands, then waiting a few minutes for your build to complete. You
don't need to learn how to program, but it's a step in the "more
technical than the average user would get into" direction.

If you're really interested, see the SimpleGuideToCompiling wiki page
for a starting point.
List admin: