Subject: Re: what 'new' players are supported

Re: what 'new' players are supported

From: Purple Dynasty <purpledynasty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:06:12 -0400

On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
It seems that this etiquette page needs some bug fixing. ;-)
> For example the following part:
> This is why top posting is so bad:
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read
> text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
> It seems the order of questions and answers got mixed up and one
> answer is missing.

Perhaps its a demonstrative joke - you don't know whether to read it
from top-to-bottom or vice versa.

I've been on lists and newsgroups where posters were removed for not
formatting their posts with proper line breaks for 80 column views,
and for enabling rich text format, so I can certainly deal with this
list's request to bottom-post. As I previously posted, it was my
original preferred method before bad habits took hold. Trimming
quotes was something I've always done, and it bothers me when others
don't.