Subject: Re: Plugin Mpegplayer

Re: Plugin Mpegplayer

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:28:50 -0400

RaZorbacK wrote:
[snip]

> Ok thanks but could it be used to open video files just by pressing
> select on them or does it need to be configured first to be at least
> functionnal?
>
> I have a blind friend of mine who is asking me how to play video files
> (properly compressed of course) with his iaudio.

I am blind and regularly use my irivers to play audio contents from
video files, but I don't use mpegplayer to do it. If your friend isn't
sharing the experience, i.e., watching the video with a sighted person,
the best thing to do when using Rockbox is just to extract the audio
from the video files in mp3, ogg or whatever he prefers, drop it onto
the player and play the files as standard audio. If your friend is
watching the video files with a sighted person, then having the sighted
person operate mpegplayer is about the only thing to do if both of them
are to enjoy the video content.

I won't go into how to perform audio extraction on-list as format
conversion, having nothing to do with Rockbox, would be off-topic for
the list.

Hth,
Andrew.