Subject: Re: Jump to time

Re: Jump to time

From: constantine \(on laptop\) <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:15:50 -0600

jaws beta information:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
From: "Onj" <onj_at_AndreLouis.COM>

Hi. No, not really. Sometimes especially with 3 hour long files, such as
radio shows, audio books, movies etc, if you know where you stopped the file
on your pc and you want to cary it on using your player, it is great to jump
to perhaps 10 seconds before hand.
Especially I think anyway, since being blind you will never know at what
time the file is running at, because currently, speech does not say current
time of track.
I don't know how long Rockbox takes to fastforward to for example, 135
minutes and 15 seconds. It maybe fast if you can see what you are doing,
but for us, we would have to stop, listen for 10, 15 dseconds, fast forward
again, stop, listen for 10, 15 seconds, rewind, well you get the picture.
With the jump to time, you start the file as normal, press the context key,
go to jump to time, scroll to the hours, go to the right.scroll to minutes,
go to the right. Scroll to seconds, and hit ok/play, etc, just like setting
the clock.
Also, if you are about to stop your file and wish to cary on listening when
you get back to your PC, for blind users especially, you can use the jump to
time dialog to know exactly where you are at this very moment. Then you go
to winamp, or whatever media player of choice, and cary on listening, after
you have entered the time that Rockbox gave you.

I quite agree with this. I'm stil not sure why speech for telling the
current time in a file or directory hasn't been implemented- I don't see it
being a big project, but I could be wrong- and I do also agree with this
suggestion- sometimes I don't have time to throw a bookmark in and move to
another file- but that's not very offen- and have to fast forward a lot, I
read a lot of books.