Subject: Re: IPod with rockbox?

Re: IPod with rockbox?

From: steve c <>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:15:22 -0700

Why don't you just choose one from the list of supported players?
Don't get an Archos though since Rockbox won't work on them. They claim
it does but that's a lie. I tried installing it on
my Archos MP3 recorder and the Archos just ignores their files. Also, if it
won't work you can't get any support from anyone at Archos or their forum
and if you even mention it's not working on the forum they will delete your
messages so I guess a free update is worth what you pay for it.
I kept getting excuses like I must have mis-identified the player or installed
it wrong when it's obvious their software doesn't work since there's almost no
way to screw up coping a file to the player and the updates I've tried from
Archos work fine so your mileage may vary.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Daryl Marie <> wrote:
> hi,
> I don't know much about IPods... but as I said in a previous post, I am
> looking for a new MP3 player (having a heck of a time finding those
> compatible with Rockbox). I am assuming that the IPod classic doesn't work
> with RockBox yet?
> Needing help in getting new player!
> Daryl
List admin: