Subject: Re: IPod with rockbox?

Re: IPod with rockbox?

From: Glenn Ervin <>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:24:03 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daryl Marie
  To: Rockbox
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 11:37 AM
  Subject: IPod with rockbox?

  I don't know much about IPods... but as I said in a previous post, I am looking for a new MP3 player (having a heck of a time finding those compatible with Rockbox). I am assuming that the IPod classic doesn't work with RockBox yet?
  Needing help in getting new player!
  Hi Daryl,
  Did you read the first RockBox page?
  It lists the compatible players.
  I will list them as I copied and pasted below:
  But you can Google any of them and find them, either new, or from eBay, or Craigslist.
  Here's the list from the RockBox page:

  Rockbox Logo

  Rockbox is an open source firmware for mp3 players, written from scratch. It runs on a wide range of players:

  list of 8 items
  . Apple: 1st through 5.5th generation iPod, iPod Mini and 1st generation iPod Nano
  (not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd gen Nano, Classic or Touch)
  . Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and Ondio
  . Cowon: iAudio X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3 and M3L
  . iriver: H100, H300 and H10 series
  . Olympus: M:Robe 100
  . SanDisk: Sansa c200, e200 and e200R series (not the v2 models)
  . Toshiba: Gigabeat X and F series (not the S series)
  . Current Status
  list end

  E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (
  Database version: 5.10890e

  List admin:

  E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (
  Database version: 5.10890e

E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (
Database version: 5.10890e

List admin: