Subject: Re: IPod with rockbox?

Re: IPod with rockbox?

From: Roy DeRousse <>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:41:10 -0500

Daryl Marie wrote:
> hi,
> I don't know much about IPods... but as I said in a previous post, I am
> looking for a new MP3 player (having a heck of a time finding those
> compatible with Rockbox). I am assuming that the IPod classic doesn't
> work with RockBox yet?
> Needing help in getting new player!
> Daryl

Daryl, I recently got a Sansa e280, specifically to run Rockbox on, and I am
extremely happy with it. If you buy a Sansa Exxx series, be sure that you get
the version 1 firmware since that is all that Rockbox will work with. I
ordered mine via e-bay so that I could ask the seller to check the firmware
for me. (You can't tell for sure by the box or even the player's exterior.)
You should be able to buy one for US $75 or less.

Have fun!
Roy DeRousse
List admin: