Subject: Re: Dual Boot?

Re: Dual Boot?

From: Johan Vromans <>
Date: 14 Oct 2008 12:51:17 +0200

"Sander Sweers" <> writes:

> Browsing through the manual for the Archos Recorder 6, 10, 15 and 20 I
> have a hard time finding the section how to boot the of. I never owned
> a Archos and have no clue if it should even be possible to dual boot.

'Dual booting' is only possible if you reflashed the firmware.
Initially, the firmware in flash is the Archos OS. You can reflash it
to contain both the Archos OS and RockBox. If this is the case, the
Recorder will always boot RockBox immedeately from flash.

To boot the original Archos OS, you must press and hold F1 while
pressing ON to boot. This will boot the original Archos boot loader
(which will immedeately boot whatever ajbrec.ajz you have on the hard

-- Johan
List admin: