Subject: selecting external microphone

selecting external microphone

From: Steven Bladt <>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:23:52 +0200

I often record concerts with my iriver h140 on which rockbox is installed. When I record a concert, I always have to select "line in" and record from the line in with my microphone. The volume always is too low when I listen back to it afterwards. That's not a big deal for electric concerts, but when you do this with acoustic concerts you have a lot of his cause you have to put up the volume with your pc whan you listen back. The his is than in the recording.
The strange thing is that I can't select the option "external microphone" in the recording settings. I only have line in, internal microphone, digital and fm radio. Also, I can't change the volume of my line in or internal/external microphone. With the basic firmware from iriver it is no problem to select these options but I can't work with it myself. Does somebody have a sollution? I don't know exactly which rockbox version I have but I installed the newest version a year ago.

Thank's in advance

List admin: