Subject: Re: Is 4GB MicroSDHC Mem Card supported on e250 running RB3.0?

Re: Is 4GB MicroSDHC Mem Card supported on e250 running RB3.0?

From: Andrew Bennett <drewbenn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:30:55 -0800

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Peacenik <zenbones_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have a SanDisk E 250 running 3.0 and would like to expand the memory by
> purchasing a 4GB MicroSDHC memory card.
>
> It is my (possibly whacky) understanding the e250 running 3.0 sometimes
> encounters difficulty recognizing/accessing any card over 2 gigs.
> Is this true? If true I should obviously not purchase any memory card over
> 2 gigs.

I have an E260 (the 4GB version), and I use an 8GB uSDHC card. I have not
had any problems with the card while using Rockbox 3.0 (I also didn't have
any problems with the pre-3.0 build I used; nor have I had any problems
whatsoever with my 8GB uSDHC card).

The original Sansa firmware does not support uSDHC, so if you get a card
larger than 2GB you will only be able to read it using Rockbox. Since
Rockbox does not yet support USB file transfer, you'll have to load your
music onto the card with a separate card reader connected to your computer
(I use a micro-SD to SD adapter and the SD reader that is built into my
laptop).

Finally... 8GB uSD cards can be found for less than $20 online (e.g. in the
Amazon Marketplace, where I got mine). It is convenient to have all that
space :)

---
Andrew Bennett
drewbenn_at_gmail.com