Subject: Re: Is 4GB MicroSDHC Mem Card supported on e250 running RB3.0?

Re: Is 4GB MicroSDHC Mem Card supported on e250 running RB3.0?

From: Peacenik <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 03:36:21 -0500

>> ... It is my (possibly whacky) understanding the e250 running 3.0
>> sometimes encounters difficulty recognizing/accessing any card over 2
> gigs. Is this true? .......
> The original Sansa firmware does not support uSDHC, so if you get a
> card larger than 2GB you will only be able to read it using Rockbox.
>== <> comprehensive and informative reply snipped ==<

Thank you very much for your response which was very thorough and even
answered a couple additional questions I should have asked. I've decided to follow
your implied advise and opt for the 8 gig card rather than stopping at the 4 gig
since its equally readable and, as you noted, Amazon and other places seem to
continually dropping the prices for these storage medium.

Thanks again.

 Since Rockbox does not yet
> support USB file transfer, you'll
> have to load your music onto the card with a separate card reader
> connected to your computer (I
> use a micro-SD to SD adapter and the SD reader that is built into my
> laptop).
> Finally... 8GB uSD cards can be found for less than $20 online (e.g.
> in the Amazon Marketplace,
> where I got mine). It is convenient to have all that space :)
> ---
> Andrew Bennett

List admin: