Subject: Re: Problem with Rockbox Utility 1.0.7b

Re: Problem with Rockbox Utility 1.0.7b

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:41:32 +1000

On 18/11/2008 11:10 PM, simon.eigeldinger_at_vol.at wrote:
>> Have you tried reclassing the window using Jaws? Just a thought.
> No but i think that wouldn't work anyway because qt seems to handle
> stuff diffrent than other windows apps.
QT is a different GUI toolkit; it uses its own widgets, not native
Windows widgets. Under Windows, it implements its own MSAA support to
provide accessibility for these widgets. If I recall correctly, the
window class of QT widgets is usually not useful at all; I think it is
always "QWidget", which obviously isn't unique to the type of the
control. Thus, reclassing won't help. Even if the class *was* different,
it probably wouldn't help. Reclassing mostly depends on the control
reacting to specific Windows API calls and messages, which QT widgets
will not do.

> It says it is a button or textbox
It obtains this information from MSAA.

> but the stuff in a messagebox is
> normally written in a different kind of stuff.
It should be a static text control or a label. Unfortunately, QT is a
bit broken in terms of the way it renders messages like this to
accessibility APIs. Actually, QT's accessibility support is broken in
several rather frustrating ways. :)

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie_at_jantrid.net