Subject: Re: H340 HDD spinning constantly in USB mode? (and general disk spin time question)

Re: H340 HDD spinning constantly in USB mode? (and general disk spin time question)

From: Mike Hodson <mystica_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:02:50 -0700

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> That changes the point used to determine when to start refilling the
> compressed buffer, not how big the compressed buffer is. So it doesn't
> conflict with my statement at all.

I'm sorry, but this option is not entirely clear at all.

To me, for the year and some now that I've used Rockbox, I was under
the impression that this controlled how much audio was buffered- not
how often the buffer was refilled. I've wondered on numerous
occasions, "if I set the buffer to 10 minutes, will I have enough
memory to store that much audio?"

Along the same lines as the OP for this thread, I wondered why my
player kept reading more than I thought it should..

Thanks for this info- I will set mine to 10m now (also an H3xx)

Mike