Subject: which player should i get?

which player should i get?

From: John Morris <crazytrainrider_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:17:52 -0600

Hi All!
I'm new to this whole rockbox thing, and have seen that there are certain players that one should get. But some of these have specific requirements. For instance, for the Sansa, it says the 200 series is good, but can't get the v2 models. It says that you can tell the version when the player is turned on.
Since I don't know much about these things, can someone recommend a good player including name and specific model/part number and where I could buy it cheaply? Hoping for a 2 4 or 8 gig model if possible without breaking the bank. But I'm in need for a good mp3 player since I travel lots, but not sure where to turn.
Hope someone can help.