Subject: RE: which player should i get?

RE: which player should i get?

From: Jammit Timmaj <>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:59:49 +0000

> Subject: Re: which player should i get?
> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:37:40 -0600
> Hi
> Got an ipod video 30 gb here. I wish I have the 80 gb, but there you have
> it. I also wish it could record, but shrug. The only reason I bought the
> ipod was for rockbox, and I don't regret it one bit, because rockbox
> performs flawlessly.
> I'm curious, what type of hard disc does the ipod use, a 2.5" or is it even
> smaller.
> contact details:
> email:
> and others
> msn:
> skype: the_conman283

All video iPods (as of this writing) use a 1.8" ZIF drive. A google search of "1.8 zif" will give you plenty of hits. I have an adapter that allows a regular desktop drive to plug into the ZIF connector the video iPods use, and have gotten up to 250Gigs to work. A 500Gig didn't work, and I have nothing in between. I believe there is a limit to the smallest drive you can use, and I believe that's 10Gigs. A 80gig ZIF should just drop right in, as well as the bigger ones (don't get crazy. You may find the drive limit before your money runs out).

Discover the new Windows Vista

List admin: