Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Purple Dynasty <>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:38:08 -0500

On Dec 2, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Marc Guay wrote:

>> Is there any way to include an "off" switch in Rockbox firmware on
>> any/all
>> of the hardware that supports such ability? I own a Sansa e270,
>> and shutting
>> the player down would be much easier via a menu item as opposed to
>> the
>> current small and difficult to manipulate power

Thank you for the link, now I'm left with more questions than when I

What is the current status of this effort? Its a patch being
considered for inclusion (being "committed"?)? I've previously
enquired about a patch for resizing album art, but the only link
provided leads me to the page in the "patch" wiki that provides
thread-bare instructions, none specific to OS X.

Can we expect an album art resize and a power-off feature in a
release of Rockbox?

I suspect that adding the power-off patch would screw-up the voice
menu, unless it too were updated - no?

List admin: