Subject: H340 - LCD on with backlight off during operation?

H340 - LCD on with backlight off during operation?

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:56:49 -0000

I've had a look through the H340 options and I can't see an option to keep
the LCD on while the backlight's off. (My H140's LCD stays on all the time
and the backlight just fades in/out on button presses; my H340's backlight
comes on when it begins to buffer the next track or on a button press). Is
this due to power drain associated with the colour LCD screen, or is it a
change in the code or hardware limitation?

I was just thinking how it'd be nice to be able to be able to see what's on
the LCD display without having to press a button all the time (let the
daylight do the job of 'illuminating' the screen or at least making it
partially viewable, like I used to do all the time with my H140).

Can anybody point me in the right direction, or will this behaviour never be
replicated for the H340 due to hardware limitations?

Thanks in advance...