Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:19:43 -0600

Rocker wrote:
> **There used to be a shut down menu item. I can't remember why it was
> removed. Perhaps it could be introduced as a choice for the customizable
> WPS?
Are you sure you weren't using an unsupported build, or a player where
such an option was necessary? I believe one of the Archos players has
the menu option because it must have it, though I'm not certain.

It wouldn't make sense to have it as an option in the "customizable
WPS". Customizing the WPS never offers more menu options, it's a purely
visual customization.

As well, this still wouldn't remove the fact that it's adding binary
size for no "strong" reason beyond "I use a player I don't like the
buttons on" (which for the life of me, seems baffling in the first place).
List admin: