Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:05:00 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Louden" <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:19 PM

Rocker wrote:

> **There used to be a shut down menu item. I can't remember why it was
> removed. Perhaps it could be introduced as a choice for the customizable
> WPS?

Are you sure you weren't using an unsupported build, or a player where
such an option was necessary? I believe one of the Archos players has
the menu option because it must have it, though I'm not certain.

** I seem to remember a "shut down" feature on either my iPod video 30GB, or
on my iRiver H120.

It wouldn't make sense to have it as an option in the "customizable
WPS". Customizing the WPS never offers more menu options, it's a purely
visual customization.

As well, this still wouldn't remove the fact that it's adding binary
size for no "strong" reason beyond "I use a player I don't like the
buttons on" (which for the life of me, seems baffling in the first place).

** It seemed easier to shut it down with the turn off button, than it is to
hold down the touch wheel.
Glenn

Database version: 5.11240e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/