Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:00:28 -0600

Sander Sweers wrote:

> On my H340 you have to wait for the disk to spin up before you are
> sure it is shutting down or if it is just stopping playback. This
> takes a couple of seconds which always annoys the hell out of me. A
> shutdown entry in a menu *could* sort that out.

You'd still have to wait for the disk to spin up to receive confirmation
that your button press registered. And if you're suggesting some sort of
visual feedback could let you know earlier, the same visual feedback
could be applied for the use of a power button. So I'm not certain I see
how this would "sort that out" at all. It would have the exact same
practical constraints as the button does.