Subject: RE: Software "Off" switch?

RE: Software "Off" switch?

From: Sant, Nick (NY) <nsant_at_institutionalinvestor.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:03:09 -0500

>I'm simply trying to understand why. You claimed the problem with the
>current button is that you don't receive feedback until the disk spins
>up. How does having a menu entry improve the feedback you receive?

If there is a menu entry then you *know* that you have highlighted the
"shutdown" option and pressed Select.

>If it doesn't improve the feedback you receive, how exactly does it fix

>the problem?

The issue is that on the targets without dedicated Power buttons,
holding one button down (e.g. Play on the iPods) could stop the music
without shutting down the player.

Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by e-mail or by telephone at 212-224-3300 and then delete the e-mail and all attachments and any copies thereof.

Institutional Investor Inc. cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail, as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the e-mail may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender. Any views expressed by an individual in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Institutional Investor Inc. This communication is from Institutional Investor Inc., a company incorporated in the State of Delaware in the United States of America and located at 225 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.