Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: constantine \(on laptop\) <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:02:24 -0600

> I'm simply trying to understand why. You claimed the problem with the
> current button is that you don't receive feedback until the disk spins
> up. How does having a menu entry improve the feedback you receive?

I think we just want peace of mind that its actually shutting down. If you
shut down via the menu, you'd know full well it was shutting down, unless
there was a bug someplace. This would probably save some people time. I'm
guessing using speech is a bit latent - the symbol on screen would come a
bit before speech because speech has to wait for the disc to spin up, right?
Or am I wrong here?