Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:10:36 -0500

Grant Hardy wrote:
> I actually see these as being valid points. Perhaps there could be an
> option in the RB Settings to enable/disable "show poweroff in main menu"
> or something similar. It seems like enough people want this to justify it.
>
> Grant

Grant, so you have noticed that it is harder to shut down a Rockbox'd
player than when in the original firmware? I'm just looking for a little
validation here.

And BTW, you are top-posting; this list prefers bottom-posting with
trimmed-down quotes. Someone else will say it too, I'm sure.

Mr. London, I was indeed speaking of the _e_200 series. I realize this
is a matter of personal preference, and there is little to go on other
than "it feels like...". However, from what I have seen, Rockbox'd
players are difficult to power off, moreso than in the original
firmware. I don't care if the player is actually powering off or
sleeping; that is irrelevant to the point I am making.

Jacob