Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Jacob Rau <>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:25:57 -0500

Paul Louden wrote:
> Jacob Rau wrote:
>> And the delay is too long, IMO. With any kind of a consensus, it would
>> be nice to have this delay shortened.
> Could you actually time Rockbox's delay, and time the official
> firmware's delay? They seem very, very similar to me. I think longer 2
> seconds is a very reasonable time. Shorter than that, and it's far too
> easy to accidentally trigger it when going for a short press of the button.
>> I'm glad I'm not the only one having frustration with this. Shall I
>> file a bug?
> Didn't I refer you to the bug tracker in my very first response to you?
> List admin:
> FAQ:
> Etiquette:
By my stopwatch, RB takes 1.74 seconds from press to response, and the
OF takes 0.9 seconds from press to response. Why should there be a
difference? That button is mapped in the OF just as it is in RB, where a
short press has a different meaning than a long press. I can't seem to
accidentally power off the device in the OF while using the button to
back out of menus...

I am partway through writing up the bug.

List admin: