Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:27:03 -0600

Jacob Rau wrote:
> It is irrelevant because I am speaking purely of the behavior of the
> power button when turning the player off. Achieving power-off in the
> original firmware (not idle power-off, mind you) is much easier than
> achieving power-off in Rockbox for the reasons that I (and now Andrew)
> have mentioned.
The original iPod firmware doesn't HAVE power off. Are you just ignoring
this fact? In the original iPod firmware, if you hold down the button,
it goes into a low power mode.

In Rockbox, you can achieve the same general effect by simply pausing
playback, which can be done in LESS time than the power down in the
original firmware.

I'm not sure you're understanding this.
List admin: