Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:47:44 -0600

Mike Hodson wrote:
> Sorry. I meant to infer that I was concatenating your 2 responses and
> removed my response between, grouping my one reply to your 2 points.
> I will just use a blank line in the future. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.
> Or, more likely they are like me.. I've got a good concept of how C
> code is written, I can write basic ANSI C that manipulates relatively
> basic arrays and such (took 1 year of C programming in college, never
> did any beyond this) but am completely stumped trying to understand
> enough of the intricacies to come up with a useful way of implementing
> this.
Believe it or not, a lot of contributors to Rockbox have had it their
first C experience entirely. It may seem overwhelming at first, but we
are willing to try to help where we can. As to this specific problem,
it's a bit more technical than most since it will involve some direct
interaction with the hardware.

If you come to the IRC channel, I believe amiconn has mentioned he has
some thoughts on how to make this work in the past, for some of the
iPods (the earlier generations at least). I don't know how much help
they'll be able to provide, but it's not a case of "well, have fun
working on it." We try to give advice when questions are asked that we
can help with.
List admin: