Subject: Re: Software "Off" switch?

Re: Software "Off" switch?

From: Stéphane Doyon <>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 21:56:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Jacob Rau wrote:

> Unless I keep the majority of my thumb off the body of the player, other
> buttons are overlapped and pressed when I attempt to shut down. The player
> will not shut down when other buttons are pressed during the power hold.
> And the delay is too long, IMO. With any kind of a consensus, it would be
> nice to have this delay shortened.
> Whether or not my patches will be accepted, I think I will try digging into
> the code to change this up for a personal custom build.
> I'm glad I'm not the only one having frustration with this. Shall I file a
> bug?

FWIW, I had similar concerns and it bothered me enough that I did FS#7979:
shutdown when engaging the hold switch.

I realize that most people would probably not care, but I felt I needed
the extra peace of mind: I'm blind, so I like that I can feel the button
click and know that the player is shutting down, even if I've had to rip
off my earphones and rush for some reason.

Stéphane Doyon

List admin: