Subject: Re: H340 - LCD on with backlight off during operation?

Re: H340 - LCD on with backlight off during operation?

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:55:55 +0200

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:56:49PM -0000, Christopher Woods wrote:
> I've had a look through the H340 options and I can't see an option to keep
> the LCD on while the backlight's off. (My H140's LCD stays on all the time
> and the backlight just fades in/out on button presses; my H340's backlight
> comes on when it begins to buffer the next track or on a button press). Is
> this due to power drain associated with the colour LCD screen, or is it a
> change in the code or hardware limitation?

I'm unfortunately unable to answer your question. Instead I mention that this
feature might be also useful to some people, since turning off the LCD saves
battery power a lot. As I'm blind, I have backlight completely turned off
which allows me to listen to music for a bit longer. If someone considers a
commit which enables LCD while backlight is off, please consider making it an
option.

--
Tapio