Subject: Re: Rockbox website

Re: Rockbox website

From: Fernando Bevilacqua <fernando_at_inf.ufsm.br>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:35:53 -0200

As I could see at the forum post, the new layout subject is not a resolved
issue :)

About the project website, I do think it is a tool for developers, but in my
opinion it can be organized in a better way. Using phpBB website as an
example, they keep all "user related content" under www.phpbb.com, including
news, download links, documentation, etc. The "dev content" is hosted under
area51.phpbb.com, which is a complete tool for developers (and for forum
admins that are looking for security information/updates, for example).

I think a non-developer or non-IT user do not care about commits or dev
news, he cares about new Rockbox versions, improvements and features. If you
are hosting the themes content under themes.rockbox.org, I think you can do
the same with the development content.

About the themes.rockbox.org, for sure I can help. According to the SVN log,
user "mcuelenaere" has been working on the website. Any clue where I can
find him or the way I should proceed to work on the website?

Best,
Fernando