Subject: Re: Rockbox website

Re: Rockbox website

From: Fernando Bevilacqua <>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:35:53 -0200

As I could see at the forum post, the new layout subject is not a resolved
issue :)

About the project website, I do think it is a tool for developers, but in my
opinion it can be organized in a better way. Using phpBB website as an
example, they keep all "user related content" under, including
news, download links, documentation, etc. The "dev content" is hosted under, which is a complete tool for developers (and for forum
admins that are looking for security information/updates, for example).

I think a non-developer or non-IT user do not care about commits or dev
news, he cares about new Rockbox versions, improvements and features. If you
are hosting the themes content under, I think you can do
the same with the development content.

About the, for sure I can help. According to the SVN log,
user "mcuelenaere" has been working on the website. Any clue where I can
find him or the way I should proceed to work on the website?

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Björn Stenberg <> wrote:

> Fernando Bevilacqua wrote:
> > I've found Rockbox at website and I think it's a really great
> idea!
> > Since it's an open source project, I was wondering if anyone can help
> with
> > the website layout. I am a web developer and I can spend some of my free
> > time on a new Rockbox website layout. Is it possible?
> It is possible and welcome, but it is more complex than just making an
> attractive design. The web site is as much a tool for the developers as it
> is an information site for users.
> As Dominik says, if you want to contribute with web work please consider
> starting with the theme site that we want to set up. may
> not be very pretty, but it works. The theme site is in need of more
> immediate attention.
> --
> Björn
> List admin: