Subject: Fwd: Rockbox Version 3.0 with ipod video 5.5 80 gig

Fwd: Rockbox Version 3.0 with ipod video 5.5 80 gig

From: Marc Guay <marc.guay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:10:11 -0500

Marc Guay wrote:

>> Hello my name is Ben Vercellone. Can anyone tell me if there was a significant improvement with the stability of rockbox on the ipod video 80 gig running rockbox version 3.0? If so, then I may consider this player.
>>

> Hi Ben,
>
> It's not clear whether you're asking if Rockbox 3.0 is more stable
> than the Apple firmware or if Rockbox 3.0 is more stable than previous
> releases of Rockbox.
>
> Ciao,
> Marc

Ok, sorry about that. I am asking if it is more stable than the daily
 builds that were available for the Ipod Video 5.5 gen prior to the
version 3.0
for the same machine. In late 2007, I was running the latest daily
builds on that Ipod and it was freezing after every few songs. I
liked the extra
controls of RockBox, but it froze a lot. I gave it to my brother,
who uses the Apple firmware, but he is now planning to get an Ipod
Touch and will
run the Apple firmware. I may see if he no longer wants the Video.
Then, if that be the case, I will use the 3.0 version. Can you
answer this more
clearly now? And I have a futuristic question too. Do you know if
there are any plans to build Rockbox for the Ipod Classic. Just
wondering. Anyway,
the first question is more important. Thank you, Ben