Subject: Help with error building voice file under Cygwin

Help with error building voice file under Cygwin

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:40:43 -0300

Hi folks,

I've decided it's time I update my players to the newest version of
Rockbox, especially as I've just gotten a new 2200 mah battery installed
in my iriver H340 so the player is usable once again.

I've compiled Rockbox for the two players and built the zip files under
Cygwin without any problem. However, when I go to build the voice
files, I am receiving an error message. I'll paste a portion of the
screen output containing the error message below. I receive the error
while building for both the H340 and the H140. I haven't seen any error
like this in the past. By the way, I am building for revision 19597
from the svn repository. Any suggestions on how to rectify the error
and get the voice files to build would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew.

------- Tail output from "make voice"
PP features.txt
Generating voice
  Target:
h120:agc:albumart:backlight_fade_pwm:dircache:disk_storage:hold_button
:lcd_bitmap:lcd_non-mono:lcd_flip:lcd_invert:pitchscreen:quickscreen:radio:recor
ding:recording_swcodec:remote:remote_lcd_invert:remote_ticking:spdif_power:swcod
ec:tagcache:tc_ramcache:charging
  Language: english
  Encoder (options): rbspeexenc (-q 8 -c 10)
  TTS Engine (options): sapi ()
C:\cygwin\home\ahart\rockbox\tools\sapi_voice.vbs(64, 35) Microsoft
VBScript com
pilation error: Expected end of statement
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/home/ahart/rockbox/tools/v
oice.pl line 101.
Generating voice clipsmake: *** [voice] Error 141