Subject: issues with Sansa E260: wheel lights up but screen is blank

issues with Sansa E260: wheel lights up but screen is blank

From: david r <dave_1d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:26:57 -0800 (PST)

The sansa e260 wheel stays lit up but screen is blank
The Sansa E260 was working fine for past month with rockbox 3
I left it in the car overnight together with Sandisk C250
C250 was not affected but this may have caused an issue to reoccur with E260. Is E200 series known to be very sensitive to cold?

I am able to shut down by holding menu and record button for 15 seconds
but same thing keeps happening when I power back on

I usually have to wait over 24 hours for battery to discharge when I get the battery needs charging icon and then recharge it seems ok

Not specific to rockbox as I had isues with this refurb player before

But as the folks here are very knowledgeable and as Sandisk will not provide meaningfull help hoping to get some good advice.

TIA Dave