Subject: Re: assistance with a few things

Re: assistance with a few things

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:00:21 -0000 (UTC)

Irene Sumbera wrote:
> Hi all,
> In recent months, I purchased a second hand iriver, working like a dream
> might add, with rockbox installed. For me this was absolutely
> advantageous,
> since while I'm not by any means a computer expert, I would be a little
> uncertain as to how to install it effectively.
> I was so impressed with the product, I bought one for a friend, we got
> rockbox installed by a friend of ours, but I noticed the menu structure
> was
> different to mine, while mine had a more structured menu, with general
> settings in the main settings menu etc, and the voices menu separate from
> where her's is, over in the playback settings. I have also discovered, in
> the quick screen on her unit we're not given the shuffle choice as in
> mine.
> this is confusing to us, since I'm not really able to assist her with
> setting it up etc. Another difficulty we have discovered, is that the
> feature for random play doesn't work. We go to her shuffle menu, and
> select
> random, ensuring its set to yes, back out, then go to play music and
> random
> doesn't work. Any idea why the changes if these are in deed changes are so
> radicle. I had rockbox 3.0 on my unit.. Is the bootloader different in
> version 3.1?
> Could rockbox be installed incorrectly? Can I roll her version back to an
> earlier one? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks

You don't say which iRiver units you have, but I'm assuming they are both
the same model?

Sounds as simple as just having a different version of Rockbox installed
on the 2 different units.

Since 3.1 has just been released, why not get that installed on both
units, together with a new voice file on both of them as well, to make
sure they are in step with the software.

Mike Holden - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts
List admin: