Subject: Re: advice on a player?

Re: advice on a player?

From: Arno Wald <>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:36:16 +0100

Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> Now, I was just looking for some advice on a player I could get that
>> will work well with rockbox?
> This question is asked very frequently and it was again just recently.
> Maybe I am allowed to repeat the answer from Andrew Bennett here:
> There are no mp3 players currently sold "new" that will run Rockbox.

But it would be very interesting to hear about the state of some ports
that are currently under development. I often look through the commits
and see that much work seems to be done for sansa devices (e200v2, fuze,
clip), iAudio i7, a philipps device and so on.

What do the developers think when such ports will be good enough that
they are usable for a normal user who perhaps likes to experiment a
little bit?

Also, what is the state of the usb support on the sansa e200v1? Is there
any hope that it will be functional somewhen? Maybe because work is done
on it in context of the other sansa ports?

List admin: