Subject: Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

From: Randolph Cooper <>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:46:32 -0600

I used to be able to add files and synch and such. I recently installed
Rockbox (I love the interface) but now it does not appear when I load
the player/synching software (e.g. Napster/Songbird). I can see the
Sansa via windows explorer and can manually move files into the music
directory. And then if I re-initialize the database they appear fine.
But it would be nice to have it recognized again in the synching software.

Two oddities also:

(1) When I plug the Sansa in Windows seems to recognize it but it throws
up a dialog just like the one I see when I load an SD card and want to
transfer pictures and asks which picture transferring software I want to
use. Of course I don't want to transfer pictures.

(2) When I go to the Sansa in Windows explorer I see two Sansa entries.
One is labelled "SANSA E270R", the other labelled "Sansa e200R
Rhapsody". The latter has nothing there if I click on it. The former
allows me to access the folders on the Sansa.

Any constructive suggestions on how to get the Sansa recognized by my
synching software. I apologize if I havent been clear enough.

Thanks in advance for any help.

List admin: